top of page
  • Writer's pictureProgresa


The IRS has yet to announce exact dates for accepting e-filed returns since the IRS is updating its programming and processing systems for the 2018 tax season. Most likely, they will announce these dates towards the first weeks of January. Here are dates you should remember:

  • Mid-January is when the IRS allows you to start filing your 2017 tax return.

  • January 31st marks the date when employers must issue income statements to employees and subcontractors.

  • Mid-March is the deadline for corporations and limited partnerships tax returns or file a corporate extension.

  • Mid-April is the tax deadline for individual returns and when you should file an extension if you haven’t finished your tax return yet.

  • Mid-May is the deadline for non-profit organizations

  • Mid-September marks the deadline for corporate extensions and Mid-October individual extension and when you must file your tax return.

Call 336-9870515 for information

The Earlier, the Better!

Don’t stall this tax season. File your return early and get your refund sooner. However, there are a few things to consider this tax season. In an attempt to reduce fraudulent returns, the IRS will delay refunds for taxpayers claiming the refundable Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). As a result, taxpayers who claim these credits should expect their refund after mid-February. Typically, the IRS issues refunds within 21 days, if there’s no further review.

ITIN (W-7)

If you have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) with the middle digits of 70, 71, 72 or 80, (Or you haven't file your taxes the last 3 years) ensure to renew your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) before filing your tax return. Bring your valid passport and we'll take care of the paperwork.

Gather all your information.

The IRS advises taxpayers to gather ALL their income statements and receipts to file a complete tax return to prevent any delays in their refund. Keep in mind, this information is important when filing:

  • SSN and DOB: Please make sure that all the digits are correct when entering your personal information to prevent any delays in your refund.

  • Income statements: W-2 Statement, 1099 Forms, etc.

  • Health Insurance: Most returns are amended due to incorrectly entering health insurance forms. Be sure to have all the accurate forms. (Forgetting to file Form 1095-A for the Premium Tax Credit Form 8962 is a common mistake so make sure it is accurate.)

  • Charitable Donation Receipts: Make sure to obtain a letter of recognition indicating the date, the amount donated as well as the organization name of any charity you are donating to.

  • Job/Business Expenses Records: If you are itemizing deductions, the IRS will want documentation such as receipts to verify your expenses to find out if they are qualified.

Above all, you will need documentation to support any expenses you are reporting, especially if you are itemizing your deductions. If you’re missing a W-2, contact your employer for a copy. By any chance, if you do not have all of your income statements, you should request an IRS income

How Do I File a 2017 Tax Return?

By mid-January, allows you to e-file your return and get an IRS status within two business days! We suggest choosing direct deposit when e-filing your return to receive your refund in less than 21 days. With, you can check your electronically filed return’s IRS acceptance status and track your refund right from your Status Page.

Don’t want to pay right away?

No problem. If you qualify, offers direct deposit with the “Fee from Refund” option. This means that if you purchase this option, your tax preparation fees will be directly deducted from your refund. All you need to do is wait on receiving your refund for the 2018 tax season.

Can’t afford your tax due?

Luckily, if you can’t afford to pay off your tax due to the IRS immediately, you can arrange a payment plan with the IRS. offers this option for taxpayers! All you need to do is include your correct bank Routing and Account number for the direct withdrawal option or you can choose to send a paper check monthly to the IRS.

Another way to pay your tax due is through the IRS Direct Pay. Additional fees may apply.

18 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page